Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Friendship With God


To: ALL WHO HAVE EARS TO HEAR 

From; GOD THE FATHER, THE LORD JESUS CHRIST HIS SON and Ministered through the HOLY SPIRIT OF GOD, The Helper, that He may be with you forever. [John 14:16] 

Subject: MY WORD
 

1 Chronicles 29:10–13 (The Living Bible)
10While still in the presence of the whole assembly, David expressed his praises to the Lord: “O Lord God of our father Israel, praise your name for ever and ever! 11Yours is the mighty power and glory and victory and majesty. Everything in the heavens and earth is yours, O Lord, and this is your kingdom. We adore you as being in control of everything. 12Riches and honor come from you alone, and you are the ruler of all mankind; your hand controls power and might, and it is at your discretion that men are made great and given strength. 13O our God, we thank you and praise your glorious name,
 

Psalm 50:15 (Tanakh)
15Call upon Me in time of trouble;
I will rescue you, and you shall honor Me.”
 

Psalm 86:1–12 (Tanakh)
1 A prayer of David. Incline Your ear, O Lord, answer me, for I am poor and needy. 2 Preserve my life, for I am steadfast; O You, my God, deliver Your servant who trusts in You. 3 Have mercy on me, O Lord, for I call to You all day long; 4 bring joy to Your servant’s life, for on You, Lord, I set my hope. 5 For You, Lord, are good and forgiving, abounding in steadfast love to all who call on You. 6 Give ear, O Lord, to my prayer; heed my plea for mercy. 7 In my time of trouble I call You, for You will answer me. 8 There is none like You among the gods, O Lord, and there are no deeds like Yours. 9 All the nations You have made will come to bow down before You, O Lord, and they will pay honor to Your name. 10 For You are great and perform wonders; You alone are God. 11 Teach me Your way, O Lord; I will walk in Your truth; let my heart be undivided in reverence for Your name. 12 I will praise You, O Lord, my God, with all my heart and pay honor to Your name forever.
 

Psalm 25:3–14 (The Living Bible)
3None of those who have faith in God will ever be disgraced for trusting him. But all who harm the innocent shall be defeated.
4Show me the path where I should go, O Lord; point out the right road for me to walk. 5Lead me; teach me; for you are the God who gives me salvation. I have no hope except in you. 6-7Overlook my youthful sins, O Lord! Look at me instead through eyes of mercy and forgiveness, through eyes of everlasting love and kindness.
8The Lord is good and glad to teach the proper path to all who go astray; 9he will teach the ways that are right and best to those who humbly turn to him. 10And when we obey him, every path he guides us on is fragrant with his loving-kindness and his truth.
11But Lord, my sins! How many they are. Oh, pardon them for the honor of your name.
12Where is the man who fears the Lord? God will teach him how to choose the best.
13He shall live within God’s circle of blessing, and his children shall inherit the earth.
14Friendship with God is reserved for those who reverence him. With them alone he shares the secrets of his promises.