Thursday, February 21, 2013

Listen Carefully to the Truth

To: ALL WHO HAVE EARS TO HEAR 

From; GOD THE FATHER, THE LORD JESUS CHRIST HIS SON and Ministered through the HOLY SPIRIT OF GOD, The Helper, that He may be with you forever. [John 14:16] 

Subject: MY WORD 

Hebrews 1:13–2:13 (The Living Bible)  

13And did God ever say to an angel, as he does to his Son, “Sit here beside me in honor until I crush all your enemies beneath your feet”?
14No, for the angels are only spirit-messengers sent out to help and care for those who are to receive his salvation.

2   So we must listen very carefully to the truths we have heard, or we may drift away from them. 2For since the messages from angels have always proved true and people have always been punished for disobeying them, 3what makes us think that we can escape if we are indifferent to this great salvation announced by the Lord Jesus himself and passed on to us by those who heard him speak?
4God always has shown us that these messages are true by signs and wonders and various miracles and by giving certain special abilities from the Holy Spirit to those who believe; yes, God has assigned such gifts to each of us.
5And the future world we are talking about will not be controlled by angels. 6No, for in the book of Psalms David says to God, “What is mere man that you are so concerned about him? And who is this Son of Man you honor so highly? 7For though you made him lower than the angels for a little while, now you have crowned him with glory and honor. 8And you have put him in complete charge of everything there is. Nothing is left out.”
We have not yet seen all of this take place, 9but we do see Jesus—who for a while was a little lower than the angels—crowned now by God with glory and honor because he suffered death for us. Yes, because of God’s great kindness, Jesus tasted death for everyone in all the world.
10And it was right and proper that God, who made everything for his own glory, should allow Jesus to suffer, for in doing this he was bringing vast multitudes of God’s people to heaven; for his suffering made Jesus a perfect Leader, one fit to bring them into their salvation.
11We who have been made holy by Jesus, now have the same Father he has. That is why Jesus is not ashamed to call us his brothers. 12For he says in the book of Psalms, “I will talk to my brothers about God my Father, and together we will sing his praises.” 

Psalm 22:22 (The Living Bible)
22I will praise you to all my brothers; I will stand up before the congregation and testify of the wonderful things you have done.  

 13At another time he said, “I will put my trust in God along with my brothers.”  

Isaiah 8:17 (Tanakh)
     17So I will wait for the Lord, who is hiding His face from the House of Jacob, and I will trust in Him.  

And at still another time, “See, here am I and the children God gave me.”  

Isaiah 8:18 (Tanakh)
    18Here stand I and the children the Lord has given me as signs and portents in Israel from the Lord of Hosts, who dwells on Mount Zion.